29 January 2020
Ferrari Trento a Toast of Italian Luxury at the 20th Annual Naples Winter Wine Festival and Charity Auction
Italian Art of Living experiential auction lot supports one of the industry’s most impactful charitable initiatives
Ferrari and its Trentodoc sparkling wines have long accompanied the most important moments in culture, fashion and design. This year, at the 20th anniversary edition of the Naples Winter Wine Festival – one of the wine industry’s most impactful charitable initiatives – Italy’s most awarded sparkling wine brand has offered a breathtaking auction lot, featuring the very best of Italian culture, fashion and gastronomy.
This year marked the first time an Italian sparkling wine was featured at the Naples Winter Wine Festival. The Ferrari Italian Art of Living Journey auction lot sold for an impressive winning bid at this year’s auction, which raised over $20 million for the Naples Children’s Education Foundation, making it the largest charity auction in the USA for the fifth year in a row.
Ferrari Trento brought together creativity, good taste and exclusive access to the best of Italian luxury to startling effect so as to indulge the two lucky couples whose winning bid secures them this escapade through Northern Italy, anchored by a truly insider experience of the best of Northern Italy, the Italian Art of Living Journey:
- The trip begins in Milan, with a private visit to Leonardo da Vinci’s immortal painting, the Last Supper, dinner at the Michelin two-starred restaurant, Seta, and a guided visit to Fondazione Prada, an arts and culture institution created by Prada in 1993.
- The men will be fitted for a custom-tailored suit at Ermenegildo Zegna, and the women will each walk away in a pair of shoes designed by the celebrated René Caovilla.
- After visits to the opera at Teatro alla Scala, to the Montenapoleone fashion district with a private shopper and to a Michelin star lunch, the winners will be off to Lake Garda for a restorative day of sailing, hiking, windsurfing or spa time – then dinner with the finest sommelier in Italy, Roberto Anesi.
- The Ferrari experience is next, where the Chef de Cave will conduct an exclusive tasting from the private collection, and a member of the Lunelli Family will guide the winners through the 16th-century Villa Margon, a treasure immersed in the vineyards, and the Michelin-starred restaurant, Locanda Margon.
- The winners will explore Trento’s Castello del Buonconsiglio before heading north to Alta Badia for a choice of adventures in the Dolomites and a meal at the sophisticated Michelin three-starred restaurant, St. Hubertus.
- On the final night in Milan, winners will raise their glasses in a farewell toast at Ristorante Cracco in Galleria.
- This lot includes a lavish array of Ferrari Trento’s greatest wines, including a sumptuous range of vintages and formats of the Giulio Ferrari Riserva del Fondatore, simply unparalleled among traditional method Italian sparkling wines.
“It was truly a pleasure to have the chance to meet Susan Bracken and Jim Pinkin, the winners of our first lot at the Naples Winter Wine Festival, and to witness both their tremendous generosity to the children of Collier County and their appreciation for the best of Italian lifestyle, gastronomy and culture,” said Matteo Lunelli. “We look forward to welcoming them to Ferrari Trento.” Mr. Lunelli is President and CEO of Ferrari Trento, as well as President of the Altagamma Foundation, the association of Italian cultural and creative companies that brings together the very best of Italian-made fashion, design, automotive and gastronomy.